Thursday, August 8, 2024

Narration Change Exercises Worksheet

Narration Change 

Let's talk about narration change—it's actually pretty interesting, isn't it? You know when you're telling a story, and you want to share what someone else said, but instead of using their exact words, you kinda sum it up? That's what we call narration change. Right? Let's hone your skill in this then!

DIRECT SPEECH TO INDIRECT SPEECH WORKOUT (Easy Level)

Assertive Sentences:

  1. Rohan said to Akash, “I am going to play football.
  2. My sister said, “She is looking for a beautiful dress.”
  3. Vivek said, “They have gone to watch the cricket match."
  4. She said, “I will be there by 5 PM.”
  5. You said to me, "I went to Mumbai."
  6. Radha said, " I have finished my work."
  7. He said, "The last bus had left."
  8. He said, "I shall bring your book tomorrow."
  9. They say to me, "We shall help you."
  10. I said to him, "You cannot win the match."
  11. My sister said to me, "I did not break your pen."
  12. He said, "Man is mortal."
  13. The teacher said to me, "All the students are going to the picnic."
  14. Helen said, "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched."
  15. "I saw him today", she said.
  16. "We'll come the day after tomorrow", they said.
  17. "I was on holiday last week", he told us.
  18. "The concert ended yesterday," He said.
  19. Mohit said to me, "My brother has won a trophy."
  20. My brother said, "I had already eaten."
  21. “You will have pneumonia,” said the man to the lady.
  22. The conductor said, “The bus will not go until the dog is brought out.”
  23. Mr Hudson said to me, “I could show you one.”
  24. “I haven’t eaten all day,” he said.
  25. Mohan said, “I will not go now.”
  26. Sonu said, “I shall go to Delhi today.”
  27. He said, “Monu will meet you tomorrow.”
  28. Raja said to me, “I lost my pen last night.”
  29. Ram said, “These books are nice.
  30. Radha said, “My brother came here last week.”
  31. I said to him, “You can take this pen.”
  32. Ratan said to my brother, “We shall go to Mumbai next week.”
  33. My brother said, “I saw a film yesterday.”
  34. "We are moving into a new house,” my neighbour said.
  35. “We shall go to the zoo,” Ashok said to his friend.
  36. Hasan said to me, “I will see you tomorrow”.
  37. “Those who have written the essay can go home,” the teacher said.
  38. “I will visit the museum tomorrow,” said Sarah.
  39. “We have been studying French for two years,” Mark said.
  40. “I am working on my thesis,” she said.
  41. “We will win the competition,” they said confidently.
  42. “I have completed the assignment,” he said.
  43. “The train departs at 9 AM,” the station master said.
  44. “The meeting starts at 11:30 AM,” announced the secretary.
  45. “I will help you with your homework,” Tutan said to Lucky.
  46. “The concert begins at 7 PM,” the organizer said.
  47. “We are going to the beach tomorrow,” she said.
  48. “I have never been to Europe,” he mentioned.
  49. “She will arrive by noon,” they said.
  50.  "I have seen you somewhere." Suresh said to me.

Interrogative Sentences:

  1. The passengers said to the driver, "Why are you driving so fast?"
  2. Owner said to us, "When did you do this?"
  3. My uncle said to me, "What will you do after your exams finishes?"
  4. I said to Marufa, "When shall I come back?"
  5. You said to me, "Why were we always keeping big shares?"
  6. He said to the woman, "Where can we park these cars?"
  7. He said, "How long could you throw the disk?"
  8. He said to his servant, "Why are you sad today?"
  9. Interviewer said to the candidate, "What are your qualifications?"
  10. The teacher said to the monitor, "Who was not obeying my orders?"
  11. Raju said to the Rayan, "How shall I repay the money?"
  12. They said to Aayan, "Why were you crying?"
  13. Visitor said to the shopkeeper, "Where is his computer?"
  14. He said to her, "Where was I born?"
  15. The teacher said to students, "What have you learnt from your lesson till now?"
  16. I said to Rabia, "How were you?"
  17. The teacher said to me, "Where have you had your house?"
  18. Ahmad said to his teacher, "When will you visit our village?"
  19. The man said to his servant, "Why does he write a letter?"
  20. My uncle said to my friends, "What do they do in their spare time?"
  21. She said to me, "Why do you come here and what do you want?"
  22. Waiter said to beggar, "Why do you not eat rice?"
  23. The judge said to the accused, "Why do you beat your servant?"
  24. I said to her, "How did she look after my father?"
  25. They said to us, "Why do we do it at any cost?"
  26. I said to him, "When did you meet Salman?"
  27. He said to his brother, "When did I learn my lesson?"
  28. Aslam said to me, "What do we want?"
  29. Esha said to her, "Why did you stop her?"
  30. He said to me, "What do you intend to teach me?"
  31. He said, "Why does train not reach at nine?"
  32. Sonia said, "How did they make me do so?"
  33. Policeman said, "Why do people disobey the traffic rules?"
  34. Sajjad said, "Why do we get up early in the morning everyday?"
  35. The old man said to me, "Do you want to know her name and address?"
  36. Raheem said to me, "Why does she like it?"
  37. He said to me, "Where did you go yesterday?"
  38. She says, "Am I looking?"
  39. He said, "Was I not looking handsome?"
  40. Ali said to me, "Will you attend staff meeting in your office?"
  41. We said to her, "Can you solve this puzzle?"
  42. Summan said to Emaan,"Does she know everything about him?"
  43. She said to Ali, "Did I not telephone you in the morning?"
  44. Author said to me, "Have you learnt difficult questions from my book on Mathematics?"
  45. General Manager said to Supervisor, "Is it fine if I transfer you to Delhi?"
  46. I said to him, "Was she so angry yesterday?"
  47. Officer said to peon, "Where did you drop garbage yesterday?"
  48. They said, "Whose socks are these?"
  49. They said to me, "Does Alia leave so late?"
  50. Father said to child, "Do you not want to go to bed?"

INDIRECT SPEECH TO DIRECT SPEECH WORKOUT

(assertive & interrogative sentence type)

  1. The man asked me if I was going to meet him tonight after dinner.
  2. The man asked if he was contesting general elections.
  3. Rehman asked Nasima if she was fighting with her brother over a trifle.
  4. He asked medical practitioner if he would treat that patient.
  5. Arif asked his old servants if he wanted his help in his old age.
  6. I asked them if they might have to face dangerous consequences.
  7. Mother asked my younger sister if she had finished domestic chores.
  8. She said she was seeing her brother the following day.
  9. You said you’d had a headache the day before yesterday.
  10. He said it had been raining since that afternoon.
  11. She said she hadn’t seen them since the previous week.
  12. He asked us when we were leaving.
  13. She asked me how they would get here.
  14. Jamila said that she travelled a lot in her job.
  15. He told me the baby was sleeping.
  16. She said she had hurt her leg.
  17. Bob said that he enjoyed working in his garden.
  18. Alina told me they had played tennis for their school.
  19. He had said to me that they had played.
  20. They had said that they had been playing.
  21. He asked her if she would go to the Peshawar Radio Station.
  22. They said that they would go to the function.
  23. They said that they were going then.
  24. Nusrat says that she is never late.
  25. The stranger asked me where I lived.
  26. The lady asked her maid where she had been the previous evening.
  27. The doctor asked the patient if he was feeling better that day.
  28. Ariana said that she was buying a car. 
  29. Akash told me that I was doing a great job.
  30. My father said that he was going to a meeting.
  31. My sister said that she was looking for a beautiful dress. 
  32. I told her that she was a bright student.
  33. I told him that he was an excellent dancer. 
  34. Ayaan said that his friends had been planning a trip to Sundarbans.
  35. My mother said that she was going to the market.
  36. Ayesha said that her mother was making idli.
  37. Rahul said that he did not want black shoes.
  38. My father said that we were going for a family vacation.
  39. Sivam told that Akash had to attend the meeting.
  40. Aryan said that his mother might come for the annual day.
  41. Ayaan said that he could drive a car.
  42. Anjali tells me that it’s already late, so I should go home.
  43. Akhil told me that he saw me on the street the previous day. 
  44. Pratik said that he was leaving for Mumbai the next day.
  45. Anup said that we should study together that night.
  46. Shrishti said that she was having her math exam the following day.
  47. Ayesha said that she was moving to Bangalore the following year.
  48. Nikhil said he asked him to come there. 
  49. He says that it is going to rain heavily. 
  50. He said that Sanju had been going to a wedding party.

Optative Sentences:

  1. The old woman said, "May you get all the happiness."
  2. He said to me, "May you secure top position in final exams!"
  3. She said to me, "God bless me with the son!"
  4. His grandmother said to him, "May you live long!"
  5. She said, "God reward him success for his goodness!"
  6. He said, "May I get through my exam with good marks!"
  7. The mother said to his son, "May you be safe and protected from danger!"
  8. The saint said to the needy boy, "May you live happy, prosper and peaceful life!"
  9. She said to the patient, "May you be healthy and strong!"
  10. My mother said to me, "May you succeed in the test!"
  11. You said to me, "May you find your lost camera!"
  12. Ali said to me, "May you complete your journey successfully!"
  13. The old man said to the boy, "May all people become united!"
  14. The teacher said to the student, "May you pass the examination!"
  15. The father said to his son, "God bless you with good health!"
  16. He said to me, "May you receive blessings of God!"
  17. The patient said, "May God forgive me my misdeeds!"
  18. The poet said, "O that I were a child!"
  19. He said to boy, "May you live the rest of your days in jail!"
  20. I said to him, "Would that you were here at that time!"
  21. The doctor said to the patient, "May I see you healthy tomorrow!"
  22. The opponent said, "May he lose his stamina in game!"
  23. We said to them, "May God save you from danger!"
  24. The child said, "O that I had the wings of birds!"
  25. They said to him, "May you stay forever young!"
  26. The beggar said, "Would that I were rich!"
  27. The enemy said, "May she face big difficulties in her life!"
  28. People said after the funeral, "May his soul rest in peace!"
  29. They said, "Would that the developments had been so easy!"
  30. The poor boy said, "I wish I were born of an elite family!"

Imperative types:

  1. I said to him, “Please don’t smoke here.”
  2. She said to the servant, “Open the door.”
  3. He said to his son, “Never tell a lie.”
  4. The captain said to the soldiers, “Fire at the enemy.”
  5. Ram said to Mohan, “Listen to what I say.”
  6. The manager said to the servant, “Go and post this letter.”
  7. I said to the students, “Work regularly.”
  8. Mother said to her son, “Do what you are told.”
  9. My father said to me, “Study for at least six hours daily if you wish to get the first division.”
  10. The captain said to the soldiers, “Be ready for action.”
  11. He said to me, “Get out of my way.”
  12. The teacher said to the students, “Make good use of your time.”
  13. My father advised me, “Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched.”
  14. “Take four capsules a day,” my doctor told me.
  15. My father said to me, “Don’t say anything to make her angry.”
  16. “Don’t put so many things in your pockets,” said my mother to me.
  17. “Follow that car,” the policeman said to the taxi-driver.
  18. “Waiter, bring four sandwiches,” said Mohan.
  19. Tom said, "Please call aunt Polly!"
  20. He said to his father, "Please give me another chance."
  21. She said to her friend, "Keep this on that desk."
  22. The guide said to the tourists, "Please follow the rules and regulation."
  23. The judge said to the witness, "Don't suppress anything."
  24. My uncle said to me, "Take regular exercise."
  25. He said to me, "Let us sit here."
  26. The man said, "Let me have a sound sleep."
  27. The poor devotee said to the priest, "Let me meet your king."
  28. She requested the man not to smoke there.
  29. I said to my friend, "Consult a physician.
  30. He shouted, "Stop, you liar!"
  31. The police said to the driver, "Obey the traffic rules."
  32. The teacher told the children, "Do not talk."
  33. The principal said to him, "Behave properly."
  34. The boy asked me, "Please give me some food."
  35. The teacher shouted at them, "Keep quiet!"
  36. He said to me, "Never lost sight to you kid brother."
  37. Binay said to me, "Clean up your desk."
  38. Rubi said, "Sum up the money quickly."
  39. Subir said to Omar, "Let us go to see a movie.”
  40. The boys said to me, "Let us play carom today.”
  41. He said, "Let us wait a few minutes and try again later.”
  42. He said to us, "Let's go for a walk.”
  43. They said to us, "Let's go to school today.”
  44. The captain said, "Let's have a race and see who the fastest is.”
  45. Nasima said to the girls, "Let's go to school today.”
  46. Chief engineer said to workers, "Let's sketch out the entire work today.”
  47. Principal said to students, "Let's raise funds for the earthquake victims.”
  48. The little girls said to her mother, "Let us sleep a little more.”
  49. He said to the boys, "Let's go to the beach tomorrow.”
  50. Amir said, "Let us sing together.”

Exclamatory types:

  1. Kinjal said, "Alas! I’ve failed again.”
  2. Rudra said, "Ah! My cat is dead.”
  3. The teacher said, "Nonsense !”
  4. Gunnu said, "Hurrah ! I have passed ultimately.”
  5. Emma said , "What a beautiful house it is !”
  6. She said, ” My God ! You have injured your leg. “
  7. The girl said, "Help! Help !”
  8. John said, "Oh dear ! I have spoiled your work.”
  9. We said to him, "Congratulations !”
  10. She said, "Ugh ! It’s very hot today .”
  11. She said, "How happy I am !”
  12. She said to me, "Thanks for your help.”
  13. The players said, "Hurrah! We have won the match."
  14. The teacher said to participants, "Bravo! You have won competition."
  15. He said, "Hurrah! I have won the tournament."
  16. Coach said to player, "Well Done! You have saved an almost lost match."
  17. They said, "Hurrah! We have won the match."
  18. She said in Murree, "Hurrah! The weather is very pleasant."
  19. The spectator said, "Hurrah! Our team has scored a classical goal."
  20. She said, "Alas! I lost my mobile."
  21. Ali said, "Oh! Aayan has come from London."
  22. The principal said to him, "Pooh! You have failed again in the examination."
  23. Neha said, "Alas! I have lost my necklace."
  24. She said to her servant, "Alas! You have broken my window pane."
  25. "Alas! The patient breathed his last." said the nurse.
  26. The young lady said, "Alas! My husband is no more."
  27. He said, "Hurrah! My friend has come."
  28. The boy said, "Ah! I have received low grades in one subject."
  29. She said, "Alas! I am undone."
  30. Teacher said to student, "What an idea you have presented!"
  31. She said, "What a pretty this child was!"
  32. He said to his friend, "What a classical and precise sentence he has written!"
  33. I said to him, "What a beautiful idea you have shared!"
  34. He said to me, "What a hot and strong tea I have had!"
  35. Coach said to player, "How difficult this catch was!"
  36. She said, "What a happy ending!"
  37. He said to me, "How marvellous painting it is!"
  38. He said, "What a lovely fish is it!"
  39. They said to him, "How strange person you are!"
  40. The boy said, "How well does he listen!"
  41. I said to my brother, "What a tasty meal you have bought!"
  42. He said to us, "What a goal!"
  43. I said to him, "How intelligent you are!"
  44. Our master said, "What a fine picture you have bought!"
  45. She said, "What a lovely bouquet it was!"
  46. I said to my friend, "How fast you ran!"
  47. My sister said, "What an adorable girl she is!"
  48. His younger brother said to him, "What a long black car you have!"
  49. They said to me, "How beautifully she sings!"
  50. My father said, "What an exciting football match it is!"

INDIRECT SPEECH TO DIRECT SPEECH WORKOUT

(Optative, Imperative & Exclamatory sentence type)

  1. Teacher wished that I might get success in life.
  2. She cursed her neighbour  that he/she might die soon.
  3. My friend prayed that God might help me.
  4. I wished her that she might be happy in her life.
  5. The subject prayed that the king might live long.
  6. The Prime Minister wished that their democracy might live long.
  7. People prayed that God might save the nation.
  8. I prayed that her soul might live in peace.
  9. Mother wished that her son might recover soon.
  10. I wished that my brother might pass the exam.
  11. The villagers wished that the volunteers might be rewarded for their good works.
  12. He wished that the truth might triumph against all odds
  13. She wished that he was there.
  14. Puja forbade Rupa to touch her things. 
  15. The manager ordered the employee to do his work right. 
  16. Mother advised me to think before I act. 
  17. Dad advised my brother to work hard to succeed. 
  18. He requested me to give him a pen.
  19. The monk advised the man to reject materialistic life. 
  20. He ordered her to go home right then.
  21. She warned him not to touch the hot water. 
  22. They exclaimed with joy that they were very happy there.
  23. He exclaimed with surprise that the bird was very nice.
  24. Dipu exclaimed with surprise that he was a great fool.
  25. The boys exclaimed with joy that they had won the match.
  26. She exclaimed with sorrow that she had lost her phone.
  27. My friend exclaimed with grief that his grandfather was no more. 
  28. The old man strongly wished that he were a king.
  29. Ramen strongly wished that he had much money.
  30. The students wished the teacher good night.

MIXED TYPE NARRATION CHANGE

  1. Asad said, “I have been writing this story for two days.”
  2. Asif said that that would be her last day in the office. 
  3. My mother said, “we will have been going to a party.” 
  4. Amara says, “I shall go shopping.” 
  5. The history teacher told us that the Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan.
  6. Reena tells that she is not going to the parlour. 
  7. Anjali asked me whether I was going for a vacation.
  8. My father said, “Are you going on a college trip?”
  9. The guide asked the tourist if he wanted to see the newest creation.
  10. He asked me if I was buying a new bike.
  11. My host asked me whether I had slept well the previous night.
  12. Sid said, “I must call auntie.”
  13. The girl asked me whether I was sitting on her seat.
  14. Tom said, “I forgive you everything, Sid.”
  15. “Where are you going?” said Swami’s father.
  16. Sid said, “What is the matter?”
  17. “Where were you at this time,” his father said to him.
  18. “Should I read even when I have no school?” said Swami.
  19. The mother said to Susan, “You may call someone to tea.”
  20. “Can I come to see it. Sujata?” said one of the girls.
  21. Margaret said to her, “Ask whoever you like.”
  22. The teacher asked Susan if she had an excuse to offer.
  23. “Is this seat taken?” she inquired.
  24. “Do you mind if I open the window?” she asked.
  25. She said that she would go to the market the next day.
  26. The teacher said that the Earth revolves around the Sun.
  27. They said that they had finished their homework.
  28. He asked if I was coming to the party.
  29. The teacher announced, “The exam will be held next week.”
  30. She asked, “Have you seen my book?”
  31. She politely asked me for some water.
  32. He said to her, "May you overcome every difficulty!"
  33. He tells that he was absent previous day.
  34. Mother prayed for me that God might bless me.
  35. They said, "Would that we had known her name and address!"
  36. Zahid tells me that they are going to my school with his parents.
  37. My mother said to me, "May you succeed in the test!"
  38. You said to me, "May you find your lost camera!"
  39. Natasha said that she was going to the party then.
  40. He tell me that I have eaten rice.
  41. Principal said to peon, "We should not leave anything incomplete."
  42. The students told that their team had won previous day .
  43. He said to boy, "May you live the rest of your days in jail!"
  44. I said to him, "Would that you were here at that time!"
  45. The doctor said to the patient, "May I see you healthy tomorrow!"
  46. The poor boy said, "I wish I were born of an elite family!"
  47. Antara proposed to Koushik if that they should go and see.
  48. The visitors proposed to us that they should have a walk by the riverside.
  49. You requested me not to let Akram come in.
  50. Kamal requested Jamal to let him say it again.
  51. She said, "Let the child go home."
  52. The child said to us, "Let him go home."
  53. The girl said, "Let me have another question to solve."
  54. Student told principal respectfully that he had been absent since previous week.
  55. He told me that I was going to his village that day.
  56. Arushi told Ayush that she could take part in the final rehearsal then.
  57. The boy urged his father that he might be allowed to go to play then.
  58. The invigilator forbade the examinees to write then.
  59. Ali said to me, "May you complete your journey successfully!"
  60. The boy said to his father, "Let him play now."

LET'S LEVEL UP !

  1. Mr Rao said to his wife, “I may be late for dinner. Don’t wait for me.”
  2. Master said to the slave, "Pooh! You have spoiled the decoration of my house ." (contempt)
  3. “Raju,” said Raju’s mother, “Don’t tell lies. Tell me the truth.”
  4. The captain said to the soldiers, “Don’t fall back. Keep firing and advancing.”
  5. The Gita says, “Do your duty. Don’t worry about the results of your actions.”
  6. “Don’t argue with your father, "Mrs Das said to her son.
  7. “Grow a beard and no one will know who you are,” my friend advised me.
  8. “Taste a little of this. Fell nit if I have added too much salt,” she said to her daughter.
  9. “Don’t talk loudly. You will disturb the baby,” my aunt said.
  10. “Be careful. The steps are slippery,” my friend said.
  11. "Let us work together to create a more just and equitable society to bring justice to poor and down-trodden section of our society." the activist said to the crowd of protesters, calling for change.
  12. "Let's stop and smell the roses, see the beauty of mountains and appreciate the simple things in life," the poet said to her lover.
  13. He bade me good night and told that he would see me in the morning.
  14. Student said to principal, "Sir, I had been absent since last week."
  15. The farmer says to his servant, "You have cut my tree from my field with your axe without my father's permission."
  16. Ahmad says to his teacher, "Your visit will be a great source of pleasure for all of us. We shall look forward to your visit to our village eagerly."
  17. Ritika: Can I borrow your Math book for a couple of days?
  18. Sameer said, "Sir, I had drawn the diagram of bacteria, but you can’t see it because it is not visible to the naked eye."
  19. Marie said, "Did you see my new umbrella? Isn’t it fine?"
  20. Karan excitedly said, "I love the film industry. It has its flaws though."
  21. She said to him, "What do you mean by this statement? Please Explain."
  22. The little girl, "Dear Santa, here is a list if what I want."
  23. The boss shouted, "Promotion! Don't get too full of yourself!"
  24. She said, "Can you help me, please?"
  25. He cried out, "Father! This way!"

Odd and Miscellaneous Sentences

  1. He said, "Congratulations"
  2. He said, "Happy birthday to you"
  3. He said to me, "Sir, I shall help you."
  4. I said to him, "Hello ! How are you?”
  5. He said, "Liar"
  6. He said, Well, it is my new house."
  7. He said, "Good morning"
  8. I said to him, "Good bye !”
  9. The coach said, "Well done! boys."
  10. They said to me, "Merry Christmas !”
  11. My father said to me, "Fool, do it in a right way."
  12. He said, "Good God! The fellow has come to life again."
  13. He said to me, ”Thank you, I shall handle this problem.”
  14. The coach said to the players, ”Congratulations, You have won the match comprehensively.”
  15. The boy said to his father, "Good morning, I shall join my new job today."
  16. The boy said to his father, "Good bye, We shall reunite in Murree."
  17. He said to his teacher, "Sir, I shall work hard in future."
  18. He said, "Well, You have broken my table."
  19. He said to me, "Alia right, I shall tackle this matter."
  20. He said to his boss, "Sir, You should accept this challenge."
  21. She said to her mother, "Dear mother, we have sold our new house."
  22. Ali said to him, "Liar, You should not have told a lie."
  23. He said to his friend, "Good day, we shall visit your grandma today."
  24. The passengers said, "Good bye, we are leaving this city."
  25. He said to me, "Joker, why are you making faces."
  26. The boys said, "Dear uncle, thank you for your appreciation."
  27. The servant said, "Sir, Good bye, I am leaving your job."
  28. The machinic said to me, "Sorry! I have broken your mirror."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aim in My Life - Paragraph Writing For Students [Easy & Best]

My Aim In Life Essay for Students and Children in English - NEW Having an aim in life is crucial for students as it provides direction, focu...